- « Head of International Relations Department visits France », Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (www.science.gov.az), 27.11.2015
- « ANAS actively takes part in “Erasmus Plus” program of the European Commission », Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (www.science.gov.az), 08.12.2015
- « ANAS discussed the improvement of doctoral education and project « NIZAMI » on its structuring in accordance with the requirements of the single European educational space », Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (www.science.gov.az), 25.05.2016
- « International conference on NIZAMI project held in Sweden », Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 27.09.2016
- « Cooperation between UNEC and the University of Montpellier of France is expanded », UNEC, 22.10.2015
- « UNEC Employees at the Montpellier University: ‘Restructuring and Development of Doctoral Education in Azerbaijan' », UNEC, 17.12.2015
- « Next meeting within the ‘NIZAMI’ project », UNEC, 22.12.2016
- « The Future Cooperation Opportunities between UNEC and the University of Montpellier have been discussed », UNEC, 20.04.2017
- « Doctoral degrees will meet EU standards in Azerbaijan », Baku State University, 14.12.2015
- « Doctoral degrees at the University aiming of compliance with European standards of education », Baku State University, 08.04.2016
- « NIZAMI project meeting », Khazar University, 04.04.2016
- « Current state of Doctoral studies discussed », Khazar University, 05.04.2016
- « Discussion on state of doctoral studies continued », Khazar University, 06.04.2016
- « NIZAMI Project Meeting in Sweden for Azerbaijani and European Partners », Khazar University, 29.09.2016
- « NIZAMI Project Meeting in Germany for Azerbaijani and European Partners », Khazar University, 17.12.2016
- « NIZAMI workshop on internationalization organized by Khazar University », Khazar University, 22.06.2017
- « International Conference on « One Health: Problems and Solutions », Khazar University, 1-2.06.2018
- « A meeting with heads of departments and potential researchers », Khazar University, 29.06.2018
- « Erasmus + Networking conference » Khazar University, 20.05.2019
- « Prospects for the development of higher education and electronic-education system », Nakhchivan State University, 15.07.2016
- « Uppsala University to host conference on modernising PhD studies in Azerbaijan », Uppsala University, 22.09.2016
- « Ouverture à Heidelberg de la 3ème réunion du Projet NIZAMI », Université de Montpellier, DRI, 14.12.2016
NIZAMI partners met in Montpellier from February 19th to 21th 2019 for the 8th partner meeting.
The meeting focused on the work that has been done since the last partner meeting in Barcelona (April 2018). Points discussed were: the progress of implementation of NIZAMI project in Azerbaijan – in particular the implementation of National Management Portal for Doctoral studies, recent legislative changes in science in Azerbaijan and the decisions on the activities to be undertaken until the end of the project.
This meeting is part of the European Commission Erasmus + Capacity Building project NIZAMI launched in 2015 and closing on April 14th 2019. NIZAMI’s goal is to tend to structure Doctoral studies in Azerbaijan through exchanges of know-how between five European and eleven Azerbaijan institutions.
Next meeting of the project NIZAMI is the Final Meeting scheduled for April 1st – 3rd in Montpellier, France. This will be the final conference of NIZAMI and the opportunity to present the project results and impact it had on the structuration of Doctoral studies in Azerbaijan.
« The Nizami project has laid the first stone in the promotion of doctoral studies in Azerbaijan, but this is only the beginning », agreed the NIZAMI project coordinator Véronique Montero and representative of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Vusala Gurbanova, during the opening ceremony of the Final Meeting.
The Final Meeting, which took place in Montpellier from April 1st-3rd 2019, represented a chance to make a conclusion of the achievements of the project. The representatives of nine Azerbaijani partner universities, the Azerbaijan Academy of Science and the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan together with two European partners the University of Barcelona and the Uppsala University presented the results of three and a half years of hard work on structural reforms of Doctoral education in Azerbaijan.
Among the noticeable project results are: the National Management Portal for doctoral studies, opening of the Doctoral School at the Khazar University, the PhD guide for future students.
Furthermore, the NIZAMI Capacity building in Higher Education project not only allowed to target a concrete issues regarding doctoral education in Azerbaijan as partner country, but it also strengthened the relationship between the partner institutions and promoted the exchange of good practices.
Dissemination days were held in three cities Ganja, Nakhchivan and Baku from April 9th to April 12th and they gathered Azerbaijani universities from the three Azerbaijani regions. Around 250 participants, students and representatives from the higher education institutions, were informed about NIZAMI results and the project’s contribution to the Azerbaijan Doctoral education.